Canon printers are definitely one of the best investments you can make when it comes to getting the best printers. If you have a WiFi network then you can connect your Canon printer with the network. Since it has WiFi connectivity you can move the printer within the range of the network and use it within the range.
This option gives you flexibility and the highest level of precision if you connect a Canon printer to a WiFi network. You can easily connect a Canon printer to WiFi in just a few steps.
In this blog, we will cover all the steps that can help you understand how to connect the Canon printer with WiFi. However, if you are facing any issues in connecting Canon printer with WiFi or simply you want to know how to connect the Canon mx490 printer to WiFi, you can contact with Canon technicians.
You can follow these steps to connect a Canon printer to Wi-Fi. Once you read these steps it will all be easy for you to connect with the network.
- Click on the power button to switch on your Canon printer.
- Now, choose the settings option. Here you will find the arrow button, click on it and then select the device settings option. Now click on ok.
- Click on the arrow button till you find the option of LAN settings. Click on the Ok option here.
- Now, your Canon printer will start searching for the wireless network availability. You will also notice that the light on the printer will start blinking.
- However, if you think that the searching process is taking way to long you can stop it right there. Click on the stop option and it will redirect you to the Wireless LAN setup. Here you will find a standard setup option, select it and press ok.
- Now, click on the arrow button until you are able to find your WiFi network. Once you find it click on the ok button
- Once, you see the connected option on the screen again click on the ok button.
- Here you will be prompted to enter the password for connecting with the WiFi network. Enter the password and this is how you can connect a Cannon printer to a WiFi network.
You can obviously find other methods on how to connect the Canon printer with WIFI. Many times, the printer does not have the display and the buttons that you can use to enter the details of your network. And you can also not use WPS buttons.
However, you can find many wireless Canon printers that can connect using ethernet cables so you can connect using that. The above-mentioned steps are a quick and easy way to connect with the WiFi network.
Hopefully, these steps are helpful in connecting to a WiFi network. However, if you are facing any error or difficulty to connect your printer to WiFi it is always better to get in touch with Canon technicians as their might some problem with the printer and they can resolve it better.