Canon is a multinational company based in Japan. It specializes in producing top-class and highly efficient scanners and printers. Canon printers are one of the most widely used devices whether for official or personal use. However, no printer can work with installing it on your computer. That is why understanding how to set up a Canon printer is very important.
However, first of all, you also need to make sure that you have the CD, as it helps in downloading the drivers for the Canon printer online. To start with you will have to connect the printer with your system. For Canon printer setup you need to connect the printer with the computer using a USB cable or a parallel portable cable. Once done you can turn on the power. If you are confused about how to set up a Canon printer then here is a complete step by step guide to help you with the installation and setup Canon printer.
Steps You Need to Follow Setup Canon Printer
- First of all, you will have to connect everything and then turn on the Canon printer.
- Now, insert the CD that you would have got along with the Canon printer for setup. However, if you are unable to start the CD then go to my computers and then you can open the CD drive here.
- If the CD is running then either click on the setup or install file. However, if you find out that the CD is not running then you have to run the previously downloaded drivers.
- Now, if the Canon printer installation wizard is complete you will have to setup the Canon printer.
- Now you can check if the Canon printer is running properly.
How to Setup Canon Printer If You Do Not Have Canon CD?
Does your computer system not have a CD drive? Or did you just lose Canon CD? Are you thinking about how to setup the Canon printer now? Then here is what you can do.
You can use downloaded drivers for setting up the Canon printer without using a CD. You will have to download the drivers and once the downloading is complete you will be able to run the drivers and the setup for Canon printer will be completed.
- Once the printer is connected and the power is turned on go to the start menu and open the control panel.
- Now, click on printers or printers on the fax option.
- In the printers, window select add a printer option.
- Once completing the above-mentioned steps your Windows printer wizard will appear on your screen. Here you will have to click on the next option to start the installation of the Canon printer setup.
- Now, you will have to choose between a local or network printer. If your printer is connected to a computer then click on the local option and proceed by clicking on the next option.
- You will also be asked about the location of the printer. To add location, browse the location or point to the drivers of the CD.
These are some of the steps that can help you in setting up a Canon printer. However, if you are stuck up in between or are finding it difficult to set up the Canon printer always contact a Cannon professional for expert guidance.